Sunday, January 21, 2007

Singapore Day 1

Any trip is AWESOME! I was on ADWAVE trip to Singapore last week and I was not longing to come back Malaysia knowing that there is so much to do and follow up.True enough, even before I reached Malaysia kastam, when Maxis was able to resume its business, I have to resumed my work.


Me and another colleague of mine Cheau Ming departed from Penang bus stop at 9.30pm. I was thinking that 10 hours journey is enough to kill me and buried me 6 feet under the group. Any human being are awared that 10 hours of bus journey is fucking crazy and its enough to fly me to Europe either. Before the journey, I warned myself to sleep less on the night before so that I could shut myself down all the way to Singapore.

I wouldn't say that the 10 hours journey was bad and torturing because I was entertained with facilities provided in the bus. I did snoozed off for a couple of hours and then try to peep at my colleague and other passengers and then continued to shut down. And occasionally I'm on standby mode.

I admit that I like Singapore for a few reasons;
1) The shopping was a turn on. Recommended: Bugis Street
2) Surrounded by fantastic fashionista.
3) Pubic, I mean the public transport there really deserved its recognition as one of the first class infrastructure in Asia and its everywhere.
4) Met a few Singaporeans, they are not as bad what as what the media and people portrayed them as KIASU.


Day 1

We arrived Singapore at 7 am and it is not normal for two Asian size girls to carry their luggage's which weigh two times of their weight.

And soon, we checked-in to one of the most famous chain hotel in Singapore, Hotel 81 located at Lorong 16, Geylang. Ya ya, every Singaporean I met will give me that kinda "Are you one of them?","Didn't you look for other hotels around"," Woh, its a red light area". Even the stupid fucking taxi driver assumed that we are the new girls there.WTF, I don't see myself dressed and behaved like them, I had my body cover decently with ADWAVE shirt, three-quarter Levi's jeans and Nike shoes. I bet those prostitute there doesn't even know about the existence of Levi's and Nike. Must be the taxi driver was blinded with stereotype and perception without much research.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You see, we went there in a budgeted amount. If let's say we stayed in an expensive hotel, how could we afford to accommodate our food and transportation? The whole thing is that I plan to check-in to a cheap hotel and then we allocate the rest of the budget amount into our food and transportation. In addition, we only need a place to load our luggage's and sleep. We went out almost as early as the sun rise and came back later than the sun set, why should we check-in to a cosy hotel?Basically it is not the hotel that was bad, it is the area. So, just fuck the area and instructed the taxi driver to dropped us at the hotel lobby, as long as we don't walked along the dark road.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Apparently, I was paranoid by those untrue kinda stereotypical point of view. Therefore I tried to start basis conversation with all the Mr Taxi and slowly I diverted their untrue perception into certain expectation that we both are truly Malaysian students.

I've got to hear that the MRT facilities are much convenient but I soon realized that not all the places could be reached out by both bus and MRT. That is why, Taxi's play an important part in the life of every Singaporeans.

We departed from Geylang and we head straight to National University of Singapore. Think that USM is big?Think twice. This is my first time of coming across a university with McD and Subway outlet. And I wonder, when will Mrs MarryBrown will soon kick off by Mr McD in USM.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Me in NUS Communication and New Media Office)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Me during NUS presentation)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
( Me and Cheau Ming outside CNM building)

Besides that, now i see the point that why Singaporean girls are skinny. They walk.They walked around the university like how they walk around the mall and they travel everywhere by foot. And now I know why they have tan skin and latter they revolutionize their tan into fashion.I will soon learn from them by ditching my baby Kelisa in the apartment car park and walk to uni.(Haha..my next life)

Talk about kiasu Singaporeans, I can't assume that all of them are like that although Singaporeans are very pushy in the MRT station because I've met a few of them who is much more helpful and truthful than any other of the Penangites I've met. Such as;

TADAH!!!


Aaron Ng

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This guy is one of the most incredible Singaporean guy that I've ever met( Ya, I am exaggerating because I don't really have any Singaporean friends). Thus, he is one of the most patience and loyal guy. If you were to ask me whether why I changed my perception about Singaporeans, I would say that this guy here deserved his credit and he favoured me alot, countless.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Talk about shopping with him, he claimed that he had enough of exposure and training. And therefore he implemented his shopping knowledge onto us.Haha..from Orchard Road to Bugis Street. I am not sure whether if he is a temperamental person( as what he claimed), but personally as a few days friend, I've got nothing more to ask for. Too bad, this guy is TAKEN and getting marry this year. *Salute & Congrats*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Orchard Road during the day)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(For convenience, the convenient store provide almost every necessities that you need)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Ciggie fear feeling packing, it is fearful enough for me to fear Mr Kevin)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Extraordinary undies that you'll see along the road)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(BAGS BAGS BAGS!!)



Every person who went to Singapore must had tried Mr MOS burger, just like how we Malaysia Chinese will go for porkburger in China McD. MOS burger outlets grew everywhere and they are growing and growing but the Mr MOS burgers in Malaysia were killed by Mr McD a few years ago. Bring BACK Mr MOS to the Malaysia court!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: