Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ancient Restaurant

How often you see cultural heritage restaurant in the middle of KL?I've been staying in KL for the past 22 years,but yet I didn't explore much.

And yet, one sunny afternoon,Mr Kevin was tempted to go all the way to KL just to proved it to me that the restaurant served the best Ayam Pong Teh in town. I expected at least not-so-old place when i passed by the row of shops.Not up to my expectations, the restaurant looks much more older than the surface.From the entrance right to the backyard,my god its so nostalgic.It's so nostalgic till I thought myself ended up in Hainan Island(althought I haven't been there before) where pictures of their great grandfather was used as decorations.

My parents used to tell me that during their time, everyone love to sits around in the restaurant and spend their past time by chit chatting,therefore you feel the warmth feeling surrounding you.This is what I felt.I guessed its the lightning,60's Chinese music and ambiance that make me felt so.Put Kelly Clarkson in the picture,surely potong steam,wtf.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Looks like Ghee Hin and Hai San generation)

You know sometimes, you don't need a 5-star candlelight dinner to make your partner romantically aroused,perhaps a 3-star candlelight will do the job best.Usually,when we go for 5-star candlelight,what we expect is their food,service and most importantly the ambiance,and this cultural restaurant definitely fulfill the above requirements.It costs you little but guaranteed 'satisfactions' in return.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(The real kopitiam place)

Probably I am weird,I dislike those 5-star kinda place.It's just not me for sitting down innocently with the girl-like-me-hard-to-find-dress,holding back my vigorous laughter and end up paying like a bomb.I understand that it is a different kind of thing,but I rather pay for something which give me full satisfaction.

This restaurant is called Old China.Based on the name itself,it already says what the whole restaurant is all about,the Old China. Bring your grandpa over there,I bet he will start talking about the ancient China and China tales such as like why he had 4 wives.Ha...probably the big capital C doesn't exist in China because the country doesn't produced latex. What about Kotex?Where the women drained their monthly waste lar?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Old China in modern city)



There are a few MUST TRY food,such as;

TADAH!!!


Ranking: First (Bubur Cha Cha)
This mouthwatering dessert is something that I shout about.I've never tasted bubur cha cha as good as this in my life.Unlike those where it tastes like sugar water with raw sweet potatoes.One is never enough I tell you,you will ask for more.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Can someone please tell me why is it called Bubur Cha Cha?)

Ranking: Second (Pong Teh Chicken)
Malaccans might have long tasted it before me.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Sorry guys,these few chunks of chicken doesn't know how to glow in dark)



Ranking:Third (Sambal Petai)
Some people might think that this is an exotic food,but I beg to differ.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(My mom's all time favourite)



Ranking:Fouth (Sambal Kang Kong)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Ordinary Sambal Belacan Kang Kong)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


How can possibly two ordinary size humankind able to finish this?Unless I starved myself for another pair of heels.The portioning is catered for 4 people, therefore our stomach doesn't have enough space to squeezed in another dessert.

No comments: