Monday, December 11, 2006

Malacca Town(Part 1)

I barely remember how I spent my semester holidays, and yet just another week to go. I just don't understand the facts that USM(so called 'Science' university) required its student to personally go back and do their registration, when 'online' system is abandoned in this area.wtf.

It's more than a decade since I last went to Malacca. The only thing that I can recall is the red building( I have no idea what is it call), Museum, and "Au Ying San Chong Park". But rumours say that the park Feng Shui sucked the entire Malacca damp and resulted in Malaysia Sahara desert.Prolly,they didn't know about the existence of "Feng Shui' nor believing in it.But I rather believe than not believing if you were to asked me, I know, I am a conservative Taoist.

I always enjoy history since I was young, therefore if you were to asked me to visit a museum, I wouldn't be hesitate to go. I am curious about how religions come about, the conqueror, the philosopher and the story behind every buildings. I used to enjoy reading the 5 Hang's in our history book, but its no longer in the syllabus anymore for whatsoever "sensitive" reasons.

Kevin used to tell me about how saliva pouring Malacca satay celup is compare to the KL 'lok lok',and yet he has been telling me for the past freaking 3 years,wtf.And finally, after 365days X 3 Years, I get to visit the city. Will blog about it in the next blog.

Penang and Melaka have similarities in its historical background, they have churches around the town. They are famous for its foods,prewar buildings, tourist spots and etc.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(I remember seeing this church name in Penang)



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
( Penang trishaw is incomparable with Malacca trishaw)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(This is what I mean, when Malacca has it, Penang has 'The Ship' at Batu Feringghi.But there is a story behind this big ship,just like " There is a story behind every successfull man")


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(There is a small musuem inside the ship,although paying Rm 3 is unworthy.Nothing much to see actually besides scriptures and artificial warriors,wtf.Probably i was expecting alot from Rm 3)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(I know i may sound a little bit jakun here because I didn't know that there is a detention room in every ship. Therefore, the only thing that I learned from Rm 3 is this detention room.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When KL has its own Petaling Street, Malacca has Jonker Walk.It opens on every Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. For me, I don't compare this to Petaling Street where you get to find LV bags or VCD man shouting "Mari,Mari VCD, DVD, confirm clear".Its more to a combination of flea market, pasar malam and Petaling Street.Foods,accessories,toys are everywhere. If you are those trained aunty who plan to bargain, my advice is DO NOT THINK OF IT. Everything sold here is at the bargain price and how much more you want them to bargain for you?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
( Really "people mountain people see")

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Fruits fondue. It looks tempting but I didn't like it.The price of sugar has increased and yet I still don't understand why sugar looks as cheap as flour over here)



Since there is not much entertainment especially for the old folks, they spend their time with l line dance and singing. In fact, visitors and passerby are allowed to watch them.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Entertainment for old folks)


But there are also places where they forbid visitors with the intention of capturing pictures inside the shop.Wtf, what nonsense is this?As if la I'm gonna set up another shop and copy exactly what you people are selling.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(No camera allowed shop sells things at very "cheap" price)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Malacca Paintings)


What are the things that I've missed out during this trip?


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's Malacca Chicken Rice Ball!!

No comments: