Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Mr.Brownie's

Festive seasons are just round the corner. We are all bombarded by all this Christmas and New Year shopping syndrome. Everyone seems to be talking about Christmas, I admit that I "used" to enjoy Christmas although I am not a Christian,for the sake of joining in the fun,but not anymore. I don't know much about why Dec25th was celebrated in the first place,but I know why I am not suppose to celebrate Dec25th in future.


And then, people will start to make their Christmas wishes and list, I just don't understand the fact that, why we only make wishes on Christmas where there are 365 days a year, where have the rest of 364 days gone to? Or another thing, Christmas list. If we want something, we can always get it anytime,anyday.Why do we have to wait for Christmas?Who knows who lives up until tomorrow?

Most of the malls are jingling with its Christmas songs, beautifully decorated pine trees, and sparkling lights. And we tend to overspent during this period buying unnecessarily stuff and hiked up price item for Christmas present.Why not come out with a homemade pie or cake which cost you little?( prolly less than the price 2 slices of Secret Recipe's cake). Don't come telling me its time consuming, it will only takes you less than an hour. We eat cakes from Secret Recipe's all the time, but how often we get to enjoy a homemade cake?I would prefer my friend to bake me one.


It's not hard to baked Mr Brownie.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(walnuts!!!)

These days ready-to-made cakes are so convenient, they provide you with all the ingredients(walnuts too!!). All you lazy bumps need to do is to follow the instructions given;


Step 1: Pour in Mr. Brownie's mix onto the walnuts, follow by 1/4 cup of oil.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Step 2: Add 4 teaspoons of water.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Step 3: Add an egg.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Step 4:Stir and beat all the ingredients together till everything disolved and thickened.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(so thick and yummy even I wanted to eat it before its baked)




Step 5: Pour onto a 9x9 inch pan. Before pouring in, remember to grease the pan with oil(remember,GREASE!! not so much till you can even fry an egg) orelse it will stick to your pan like mud

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Okayla,I'll give Kevin a credit cause he did most of the "hard work",wtf while I was busy snapping pictures and reading out instructions)



Step 6: Heat up the owen for 10 minutes before putting in Mr Brownie's. Adjust the temperature to 350"F for 25 minutes.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Isn't it simple?Mr. Brownie's might not taste good when you consume it immediately because it will tastes like oil, just like when you eat 'goreng pisang' when its serve hot, it tastes like you are eating bananas dip with oil. The best time is when you leave it for at least 2 hours.

You can decorate it with marshmallows, cherry's, almond flakes or whipping cream. But I prefer to have it plain.I'm gonna get my Tip Top now.

No comments: