Monday, December 4, 2006

Gone Were The Autograph Days

Flashed back, do you remember the small little hard cover book that we used to exchanged with our fellow friends when were younger(i mean very young). I was cleaning up my room the other day when my mom urged me to start spring cleaning my room for Chinese New Year,wtf. It's not even near to spring yet and I bet before Chinese New Year, my room will looks like tsunami had strikes Penang for the second time. Amazingly, I found these autograph books wrapped in dusts neatly stacked at my book rack. I was browsing through the pages but found many unfamiliar names ,wtf since when my autograph books were passed around like music balloon game?Oh yeah, we were all celebrity wannabe(we signed for autograph) and celebrity fan's(we asked someone for autograph), just have to admit it.wtf


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Since when the hell on earth I like dinosaur? )

In fact, I was quite entertained actually. I've kept this books with my for more than one decade, and when was the last time I kept something for that freaking that long?Even I've grown so much throughout this 1 decade, my wrinkles are drawing lines on my face,my teeth are getting straighter, my tooth's were plucked out, my wisdom teeth's have grown and my parents are getting older,sigh.But one thing didn't changed is my autograph books,didn't get any older nor wiser.

What is your typical autograph book design?It's weird somehow, most of my friends began their fancy page by writing "Welcome To My Page" follow my biography, poems and, wishes and signature corner. Lame but fun, I did the same. I recalled having a few favourite poems such as;



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was quite entertained by my own autograph books. I remembered the books as a form of expression where I told my friends how I felt towards them, neither like or hate them. I even remember when I "trade" my book to the guy whom I used to had a crush on hoping that he knows the simple "trading" principles of autograph, but when his book finally reached my hands,there is only a few pages left for me,wtf. Just like how blogging works these days, its a trading.

And there are always this rules and regulations to limit friends from exceeding the amount of pages inside the book. Stupid but funny, we restricted ourselves and others when we were young. Remember all the 'Do' and 'Don't' that our parents used to warned us about? Same goes to the book and even blogging, as there is no such thing as freedom of expression,Dumb!So what if I exceeded 3 pages, is my friend gonna put me in jail or charge me any penalty?So what if I ignored the 'Do' and 'Don't'? Wonder with curiosity!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Descriptions about myself

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(It's written there ,"How nice your hair")

And soon, I decided to start a blog, a blog which I can express my thoughts, my life and the journey of my life."In My Shoes" is mainly about me myself and my surrounding and this is definitely not a diary, mind you.You will never know what is it like when you are wearing other people shoes, it may fits you perfectly or not, therefore it all depend on one individuals.


I don't remember seeing my cousins holding an autograph book and I doubt whether they are autograph book is an ET alien thingy thing for them. Memories will fade away someday somehow,but it would be such a meaningful thing to do when u show your children or grandchildren about this little fancy book that you used to have.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So let me know what is your autograph book looks like or those itchy bitchy secret inside the book?

1 comment:

Wai Ling said...

I lost all my autograph books. But I remember how silly we were back then. We actually had columns where we wrote "Kawan Baik" and "Kawan Jahat", man, come to think of it, we were the Jahat people. HAHA.